TASKS & MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
As Director of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading the M32 engineering teams in developing and operating our digital platform. You will ensure that our platforms and our infrastructure are built according to the industry’s best practices, and that they are able to scale up to follow the exponential growth of our customer base.
Here is a summary of your main tasks:
- Lead and grow a talented engineering team of software developers (Back-end & Front-end)
- Be a champion of continuous improvement, driving velocity, innovation and scale.
- In addition to managing our internal team, you will also be accountable for our outsourced development and support partners, as well as ensuring collaboration with our other internal teams.
THE PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a hands-on and highly technical leader with a track record of managing high scale digital platforms. The leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering and have a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop scalable, extensible technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in system architecture
- Knowledge of Google Cloud (Big Query, Storage, Compute instance, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking (firewall, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Jira
- Familiar with agile development methodology
- Team player
- Curiosity and ease of learning
- Autonomy and sense of initiative
- Very good sense of structure and organization
- English and French, written and spoken
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING AT M32CONNECT
- Start-up spirit in an open space environment
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Accessible location, closed to the metro and the Central Station
- Flexible work schedule
- Possibility to work from home
- Free coffee, healthy snacks and refreshments